Year after year since my divorce, I have been alone (no guy friend) to spend the Christmas holiday with. I know you are asking “what about EP?” Well EP has to work and being that we are still trying to see if we want a relationship, I am spending Christmas alone once again.
Last year, I had surgery and was recuperating around the Christmas holiday. All I could do was sit around on my mom’s green recliner with meds and a soft white pillow that helped ease the pain from the stitches, very painful! There really was not much of anything I could do. I could not go to Christmas parties or visit family members. I was stuck at my mom’s house in that chair!!!! Not to mention I was not in a relationship with anyone so spending quality time with a “love interest” wasn't in the cards.
So again, this holiday is upon us and I foresee myself being alone/single again. I think this year I have a different plan of action. Since I have come full circle with the realization that I am single and alone, I will handle this Christmas holiday with the same advice I gave for Valentine’s Day.
Therefore, I will do the following:
- Try out new drinks recipes that I snagged from Pinterest (if you aren’t pinning, you are truly missing out)! What better way to deal with being alone than having a few cocktails, right?
- Get all dolled up in a cute dress or a nice pair of jeans with some smoking hot five-inch high heels.
- Finding a Christmas party to attend or a free family member to hang out with. Who knows, where Santa might be hiding my “Christmas present”!
- Go shopping! Been eyeing a purse for a while.
- Spend valuable time with my family.
- Appreciate the true meaning of Christmas.
Any other advice for this Single Chick at Christmas?